Bad calibration on Canon iP4300

wconable

Postby wconable » August 22nd, 2008, 5:55 pm

Changing settings in the calibration facility makes no difference whatever in the printed output. I tried turning on and off the printing marks as mentioned in the previous post, to no avail. This has wasted a bunch of cards. I am using the latest version of BCC on an iMac running system 10.5.4.

William Conable
Nick

Postby Nick » August 24th, 2008, 7:21 am

Hi William,

Probably, you are printing the calibration sheet again and again. Try to print your cards after entering calibration values.

Nick
wconable

Postby wconable » August 24th, 2008, 9:30 am

No, actually I only printed the calibration sheet once and it is the actual cards which have not changed.

WGC
Nick

Postby Nick » August 25th, 2008, 2:56 am

1. Check out the printer settings.
1.1. If you have several printers installed, make sure that Canon iP4300 is selected in the calibration dialog and for actual printing.
1.2. In the standard Print dialog, set Presets to Standard.
1.3. Expand the print dialog (if it isn't) using a button next to the Printer drop-down menu. Advanced settings should appear.
A drop-down menu below Copies and Pages settings will give you access to the following sections.
1.4. Paper Handling: deselect the "Scale to fit" check box.
1.5. Quality settings (name of the section depends on the printer manufacturer). Your printer must have "high quality", "draft" and other options. The same print quality should be used for printing the calibration sheet and for cards.

2. Calibration.
How far are cards printed from the proper position, and what direction?
The Calibration dialog accepts positive and negative values depending on what card side is out.
Be sure, you have chosen those paper type (part number) in your document that is used for printing. See File > Card Properties menu.

Nick
wconable

Postby wconable » August 26th, 2008, 6:21 pm

It was my mistake. The calibration sheet is ruled off in mm and the adjustment is done in .05 mm increments, so of course .1 mm doesn't make a very large difference. Duh.

A suggestion: it would be nice to have movable guides to help when you are trying to line a photo up with the exact edge of the card. I know you can use the Geometry panel, but when the photo's edge isn't exactly cropped a guide would be useful.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 27th, 2008, 7:16 am

You can crop an image using Format > Image > Crop (Cmd-K) menu.

Nick
tg.toto

Postby tg.toto » November 27th, 2008, 3:07 pm

Can someone tell me why is it not possible to print the things I want in the right size.
I have a Canon IP4300.
I tried with the original Canon printer's program, and some other programs, also different kind of picture types like: jpg, pdf, psd... doesn't matter, I always have to count, and test, how much bigger I have to make the picture on the computer, that a picture is not printed for example instead of 90mm 92mm...
Nick

Postby Nick » November 28th, 2008, 4:14 am

Hi tg.toto,

Check settings in the Page Setup and Print dialog. Make sure that the scale options are turned off or set to 100%.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”