Card software crashes when I select an image folder to open

Pictureman

Postby Pictureman » May 28th, 2008, 3:27 pm

I cannot change image folders without crashing the app.

Process: Business Card Composer 4 [2217]
Path: /Applications/Printfolio Units/Business Card Composer 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Business Card Composer 4
Identifier: com.belightsoft.BusinessCardComposer
Version: 4.5 (427)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [96]

Date/Time: 2008-05-28 16:17:16.800 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000000000006f
Crashed Thread: 0
Nick

Postby Nick » May 29th, 2008, 2:16 am

Hi Pictureman,

Please post (or send to support@belightsoft.com) a full crash log message. It can be found in the
~(Your Home)/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/BusinessCard Composer.crash.log
folder.

Does Business Card Composer (BCC) always crashes you are trying to open any folder? Or some particular one?

If crashes repeat:
1. Send me your console log taken right after crash.
2. If this happens with some particular folder, how many files in it?
Files of what graphic format are there?
Are there non graphic files?
3. Can you preview images located in that folder by another application? Double-click several to be sure that they can be opened.
4. What happen if you copy several images onto your Desktop and try to access them in BCC?

To get a console log, open the Console application (from the Applications/Utilities folder). Choose "File > Save a Copy As" in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick
sb1mercedes

Postby sb1mercedes » September 8th, 2009, 8:31 pm

I have the same problem. This software is crashing and now will not allow me to even work in it. What is the solution for this?
Nick

Postby Nick » September 9th, 2009, 3:39 am

Hi,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version: 4.5.6 (build 433).
If the problem happens with version 4.5.6, please give me this information:

1. What you did or was going to do in Business Card Composer when the program crashed? What window or dialog was open? Maybe there are certain steps to repeat the crash.

2. The crash log. A Crash Reporter window opens right after a program crashed displaying the crash log.

3. Your console log saved after the a crash. How to save it is described in the post #2.

4. Does the program crashes on a certain document? If yes, please send it to me.

You can send the requested files to support@belightsoft.com

Nick
sb1mercedes

Postby sb1mercedes » September 10th, 2009, 1:28 pm

I have received the latest update for this software but now I am running into printing problems. It seems that when I make changes in the "scale", it does not effect the printing outcome. I can change that number many different times (after calibrating) and it will not change the alignment. I am presently not able to print my Avery cards. I have tried manually many different ways to align the printer with the cards and it will not work. What are my options? Also, please advise as to how I send back any console log in the future.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 11th, 2009, 5:33 am

The Scale parameter in the calibration dialog stretches or squeezes vertically the page before sending to the printer. The position of cards at the top is fixed. Only bottom cards are affected. To center the whole page, adjust the Horizontal and Vertical parameters. Remember that the calibration sheet doesn't reflect the change of these parameters. You should print the document in regular way.

Make sure that you have selected the correct paper type before calibration in the File > Card Properties dialog.

Log files. You can send them to support@belightsoft.com
To save a console log, open the Console application located in the Applications/Utilities folder. By default it opens the console log (there are many other logs). Choose "File > Save a Copy As" in the menu of Console.app to save the log.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”