Difficulties Printing Double-Sided Business Cards

Cea

Postby Cea » May 16th, 2008, 4:56 am

Hello. I am relatively new to this program, and wanted to start printing my first double-sided business card. I have already downloaded the latest Business Card Composer 4.5 update, and was hoping that would take care of my troubles, but, alas, not a chance.

First challenge. When I work on the front side of the business card, and I am happy with my design, I turn it over by selecting the little toggle switch on the lower left-hand side of the window. When I am viewing the backside, the image of the foreground is layered on top of the background! I am unable to delete any of the layers, and am stuck with two layers together. That's my first dilemma.

Secondly, when I finally have managed to assemble both sides of the same project where they should be, on the front and back of a business card, and I print the top page - - fine, then I turn the page over and print the back image on the back of the page, it always comes out registered wrong, horizontally off by about 3/8 ths of an inch. I haven't been able to figure out how to adjust the settings to get it right.

Lastly, the printer display (Epson Stylus Photo RX580) shows 10 cards on one sheet, yet when the printed page comes out, the bottom two cards are missing half their images, and there's way too much empty space at the top of the page. So, then, since I don't know how to adjust the page, I can only choose to print 8 at a time, which is a shame, when I know the paper has room for all ten.

I know this is three problems at once, but I thought they might be related. And I am frustrated that the update did not affect any of these challenges.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cea

Return to “Business Card Composer”