Grouping Objects

littlebit

Postby littlebit » December 21st, 2007, 8:10 am

My logo on my business card is my business name using 3 stylized fonts I copied from Art Text and pasted onto the business card.

Now I have a wide border on the left side of the card and the stylized font name is on the right. I am trying to center the font, my name, web address and title.

Is there any way I can group the 3 stylized fonts together - when I try to center all three of them center over top of each other. If there is a way to group them then they won't do this. I just can figure out how to group them.

Please help - I want to send to the printer today!
Nick

Postby Nick » December 21st, 2007, 8:55 am

Business Card Composer cannot group objects.

You may try:
1. In Art Text, make the whole logo as a single design. It is possible, if you are using different fonts, but not different effects.

2. Universal way. Open a blank card document, add all parts of your logo, arrange them and export the card to a PDF format. Now you have the logo as a single image. Use it in your present and future cards.

Nick
littlebit

Postby littlebit » December 21st, 2007, 9:37 am

Unfortunately, Each element from Art Text is sized differently and located at different height levels. I have not figured out a way to do this within arttext.

How do I import the logo from the pdf document into my existing document? Will it have a background on it? I need it to import with a transparent background. Give me step by step instructions please, I am a newbie mac user and expert microsoft publisher user, the way mac and its software operates is very confusing to me.

Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » December 21st, 2007, 10:06 am

To import a logo, drag its file from Finder onto your card in Business Card Composer (BCC).
If the images made in Art Text have transparent background, BCC will keep it transparent.

Instruction:
1. Open a blank document in BCC: File > New.

2. Import the images which are parts of the logo: drag them from Finder or use Insert > Image from File menu.

3. Arrange the imported images.

4. Export your logo image to PDF.
4.1. Choose File > Export in the menu.
4.2. Switch the Format to PDF. Click Options on the right and disable all the check boxes.
4.3. Type file name and click Save.

5. Import the logo file into your card document. Just drag it from Finder onto the card.

Nick
djb21au

Postby djb21au » February 11th, 2008, 12:47 am

I devised a work around for this:

1. Insert a horizontal line (hold shift as you drag the cursor) from approximately the left-most boundary of your elements to the right-most boundary of your elements. Then, still holding shift down, drag each end of the line in turn until it lines up exactly with the left and right-most edges of your elements.

2. Selecting the line only, select Format > Move to Center (Vertically)

3. Now use the alignment tools to realign your elements with this line, first left and then right. Now everything is effectively centered on the page. You may need to realign some of the elements but you know now where the edges are.

4. Delete the line.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Business Card Composer”