Registration Problem

ChrisD

Postby ChrisD » November 15th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Hi,
I just downloaded BBC 4 from the website and loaded it on my Mac.
I am currently using vs. 3.2 and the website say that version 4 is a free upgrade from version 3.0 and above but when I put my old registration number in the license area it says it is not a valid number.

Am I doing something wrong or what.. I tried it several times and still no luck.

Thanks !

ChrisD
Andrew

Postby Andrew » November 16th, 2006, 4:34 am

Hello Chris,

You are right that we offer free upgrade to version 4, but only to people who purchased Business Card Composer v.3. According to our database your purchase was made on Dec 24th, 2003 which was version 2. When v.3 was released, we offered free upgrade for v.1 and v.2 customers, so you seems to have used that opportunity and that is how you currently have BCC version 3. Therefore you did not purchased BCC version 3.

If you wish to upgrade to BCC v.4, you will have to fill in the upgrade form. There are two options to purchase the upgrade:
- upgrade to Download Edition for $14.95,
- upgrade to Boxed Edition for $19.95+$9 S&H.

Best regards,
Andrew
Andrew Cherfas
Sales & Marketing
BeLight Software
john tishion

Postby john tishion » June 19th, 2008, 2:40 pm

can't open after successful down load
Nick

Postby Nick » June 20th, 2008, 3:18 am

John,

What file are you unable to open? The one you have downloaded – the installation file Business Card Composer.dmg, or the application Business Card Composer 4.app ?

In the first case:
1) Probably the file was not downloaded completely. You should re-download it.
2) A wrong program tries to open it. A file with "dmg" extension should be open by default by the DiskImageMounter application. Right-click (Ctrl-click) on the downloaded file in Finder and choose Open With > DiscImageMounter – this option should be marked as default.

Did you see any error messages?

Nick
john tishion

Postby john tishion » June 20th, 2008, 9:24 am

no error messages and all was done with apple on the phone after an hour he said i'd have to contact you.i'm 80 years old and need simple directions also the license number on the disc sleve was not accepted why
Nick

Postby Nick » June 21st, 2008, 3:33 am

John,

Your license number was not accepted because you typed incorrect or missed some letters or numbers. Try enter the license code again.
If this does not helps, please contact our support service regarding the code by e-mail support@belightsoft.com In your message, provide them with you purchase information to speed up the process.

The installation problem
You have got the retail version. So, I will list main installation steps. Please tell me at which step you meet the problem.

1. Insert a disc into the drive. A new disk appears on the side panel of Finder.
Finder displays the disc content in a new window.
2. Double click the Business Card Composer icon to start the installation process.
The installer window appears. You should follow the installation steps.
At the end, you see the installer message about successful or non-successful installation.
3. When the installer has finished installation, open the Applications folder (choose Applications on the Finder side panel). Business Card Composer must be there. Double click it to open.

Nick
Carol914

Postby Carol914 » July 15th, 2009, 11:13 pm

I just downloaded BCC and now I want to buy it and also get rid of the "marker" so I can print cards. I do not understand how to do this. And I get directions that I have to register it in application/ ? file. Please try to explain it in "newby" terms. I was thinking of doing a totally new download and buying it but Im afraaid that will cause a problem...help
Nick

Postby Nick » July 16th, 2009, 1:29 am

Hi Carol914,

In demo mode, BCC prints the "trial version" line on each card. When you purchace the program, a license code will be sent to you. Using this code you will be able to register the program.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”