Printing multiple cards on one sheet

dflouton

Postby dflouton » April 16th, 2007, 12:09 pm

I believe I posted this under the wrong topic, so am re-posting here.

No matter how many ajustments I make, I am unable to print 10 different cards on one sheet. Only ONE will print, the rest of the page is blank.

I am using v.4 with OS X10.4.8 and an Epson R1800 printer. Does anyone have a suggestion/solution?
Nick

Postby Nick » April 17th, 2007, 2:07 am

Hi,
Did you use the File > Print Multiple Designs option?

Nick
dflouton

Postby dflouton » April 17th, 2007, 8:45 am

Yes, I used the Print Multiple Designs option. In the preview mode the 10 cards showed as they should, but only one would print every time I tried.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 17th, 2007, 8:58 am

Did you change the Copies parameter in the standard print dialog? Normally it displays the number of cards to be printed.

Nick
dflouton

Postby dflouton » April 17th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Yes, I did all of that, but nothing changes. It still prints only one card.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 18th, 2007, 4:36 am

So, you don't change the number of copies in the standard print dialog?

Let's go through the all steeps.
1. You choose File > Print Multiple Designs.

2. Then you add to the list 10 cards. Or they stay in the list from the last time.
Select every card in the list and check how it looks in the preview on the right. Check the "Number of copies" column. There must be "1" or greater in all lines. If you set "0", the card will not be printed.

3. After clicking Print, the Print dialog opens. Here you should check the following:
- Preview: does it show all your cards?
Note, if your paper has 8 cards and you are printing 8 copies of each, on the first sheet will be printed the 1st card, on the second sheet - the 2nd card and so on. To see all cards, you should go to other pages (the page control is below the preview).

- Number of cards: by default the control is set to some value according to the Print Multiple Designs dialog. If you change it to 1, only one card will be printed (1 copy of the 1st card).
Leave the default number.

- Print Side: if you have one double-sided card among single-sided and set the Print Side to Back - only one card will be printed, that has back side.
Set Print Side to Front and check the preview.

- Print as raster image: changing this option fixes some printing problems. I don't believe, this can help in your case, but why not to try.

4. After clicking Next, you will see the standard print window. As it was said before, do not change the number of copies, it must be equal the to number cards you print, but not pages.

5. Click the Preview button. Does the system Preview show all your cards?

6. Click the Print button to send cards to the printer. Were they printed?

If nothing helps, open the Print Multiple Designs dialog again. Select the second card and click Remove, then try printing.
Open the second card document separately and try to print in via File > Print.
Tell me what happen when you print without 2nd card and only 2nd card. Make these text prints on plain paper (don't waste business card paper).

Nick
dflouton

Postby dflouton » April 18th, 2007, 7:57 am

Nick,

I've done everything exactly as you laid it out, including "print as raster image" both "on" and "off". It's when I get to #5 (click preview button), the system shows only one card.

However, I did find the solution when it came to selecting the Presets on the Printer. I had it set to my own presets (matte photo paper), but when I moved it back to "Standard", all cards showed in the preview and finally they did print! Apparently "standard" is the only preset that I can use, and not my own. I thought the quality would be better set for matte photo paper, but no go! :-(

Thank you for being so patient and walking me through the process, which allowed me to focus in on an area which I thought would not be the culprit, but was! I am sure that it will all go smoothly from now on.

Dee
Nick

Postby Nick » April 18th, 2007, 11:26 am

Thanks you for remembering me about presets! I have forgotten that print presets save the number of copies too. Principally, using presets is possible if you print the same number of cards. Otherwise you need to use the standard preset and change the paper quality every time you print.

Nick
Randall B

Postby Randall B » April 6th, 2009, 1:08 am

The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 works this way, too. If you choose anything but the "Standard" preset in the print dialog when trying to print multiple designs on the same sheet, you get only the first card printed. Remember to choose the print quality options you want, but don't select any of your other presets. The R1900 software seems to do OK with any preset if you're printing a full sheet of one design.

(MacOS 10.4.11, BCC Version 4.5.5 (430), latest Epson printer drivers)

Return to “Business Card Composer”