Export pdf low quality one card

cbedyk

Postby cbedyk » April 10th, 2007, 2:15 pm

How can I set up the card I made with business card on Business Card composer with 10 on a page for 3.5 X 2.0 to be printed at a print shop? I followed instructions with no success.

I have used Business composer and printed 10 cards on glossy Avery paper. I am trying to send this same card to the printers NOW!. I followed the instructions indicated on the website but the pdf was poor quality and only had one card laid out instead of 10 like it was set up ( Card Properties for Online print shop 3.5X2.0 and export a pdf file.) How can I export a pdf with a good quality logo and online requirements 3.5 X2.0?
Nick

Postby Nick » April 11th, 2007, 6:24 am

Hi,
For sending your card to a print shop, use the File > Export menu command. Use the PDF output format. This will produce a graphic file with a single card.
To set the card size to 3.5x2 choose in the paper list (File > Card properties) any paper with this card size (for instance, Avery 05371).
Some print shops require cards with bleeds. Bleed width can be set in the Export Options dialog. Click the Options button when you export the card.

The quality of the card depends on quality of used images. The logo you want to print should have enough high resolution (300-400 dpi is usually enough).

Nick
cliknes

Postby cliknes » July 28th, 2007, 10:54 am

I'm having the same problem. I want to create a PDF that shows the card 10-up. Whenever I export as PDF it only shows ONE card. I don't want to take it to an online print shop.

Question: How do I export a PDF that displays the card 10-up? Do I need PDF writer to do that?

Corey
cliknes

Postby cliknes » July 28th, 2007, 11:12 am

Figured this out. Printing a 10-up PDF is easy.

1. Select File > Card Properties

2. Select any card layout that will display the card 10-up, for example 05371 Avery, and then select Close from the dialog box.

3. Select File > Print. Ensure that you have selected 10 cards in the Number of cards field

4. Select Next

5. In the standard print dialog box you will see two buttons on the bottom left, one says PDF, the other Preview. Logically you would choose PDF, BUT DON"T DO THIS!

6. Select Preview

7. The Preview screen will display your cards 10 up, with whatever crop marks you have added.

8. In Preview select File > Save as.

9. In the dialog box select the Format you wish to print; I chose PDF.

10. Click Save

11. You will now have a PDF (or whatever format you chose) showing the cards 10-up.

Questions? Comments? Let me know -- now I just want to figure out how to do separations for offset printing.

Corey
Nick

Postby Nick » July 30th, 2007, 1:54 am

Hi Corey,
Why you warn against using the PDF button in the print dialog for saving cards to PDF? It seems to give the same result as via Preview.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”