CD inserts printing too large for jewel case?

ocelot

Postby ocelot » April 8th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Probably a simple solution, but my inserts are printing too large. I'm printing onto photo paper. I've watched all the tutorials, calibrated the images, etc., but can't figure out how to reduce the size of what prints. Moreover, I'm not sure why it's not printing standard cd insert size in the first place. Any ideas? Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » April 9th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Hi,

If the insert was scaled up, make sure that the paper template corresponds your photo paper. Also check settings in the system print dialog. Scaling should be turned off, Presets should be set to Standard.

If the scale of the printed insert is 100% but the background images extend outside the edge of the insert, this can be caused by the bleed feature. In the print dialog of Disc Cover, click the Options button. Set Bleed Size to a smaller value or to zero.

Nick
ocelot

Postby ocelot » April 10th, 2011, 10:58 am

Thanks. It turned out that the Bleed setting was the problem. There is another issue though: the images are printing with horizontal lines across them. I noticed that the Print Dialog lists my printer as an Epson 720 when it's actually a 725. I'm not sure why this is or if this could be the problem, but it won't allow me to change the setting. Any idea what's causing the horizontal lines?
ocelot

Postby ocelot » April 10th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Ah, never mind. I figured it out .

Return to “Disc Cover”