Query: Smoot text rotation (less than 90°)

HappyWanderer

Postby HappyWanderer » February 28th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Hi --

I'm trying to rotate text copy at 23° and noticed that the lines are not smooth. Characters are either rising above or falling below the baseline of their individual lines. It's not the worse thing in the world, but it does look unprofessional for my purposes.

Is there a trick to achieving a smooth and consistent rotation for each character? Or is this something that could be Art Text might fix (though I understand that program to be for logos and not for long paragraphs of text).

I can achieve the rotation effect I want in Photoshop by rasterizing the text and placing it in my file as an image. The tradeoff, though, is that the text is not as sharp and dynamic as it would be "live" in Disc Cover.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. If not, I will simply make a decision between my two methods. Thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » March 1st, 2011, 6:37 am

Hi HappyWanderer,

If you don't plan to edit the text, right-click on it and choose Convert Text to Image.

Nick
HappyWanderer

Postby HappyWanderer » March 1st, 2011, 11:42 am

OMG that worked!

I've been using Disc Cover for several years and never knew it had a convert text to image option. You've opened up a whole new set of design possibilities for my work. :)

Thank you SO MUCH!

Denny

Return to “Disc Cover”