Can't print with Epson R280

ronclyma

Postby ronclyma » May 22nd, 2009, 9:31 pm

I either get an error message that says that I have the wrong media or the tray is finally ejected without the printer trying to print. Using Epson's CD print software works but I don't want to use it.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 23rd, 2009, 12:04 pm

Hi ronclyma,

Try to set up the standard print dialog this way:
- Set the Presets pop-up menu to Standard
- In the lower pop-up menu, choose the Printer Settings section. Set Media Type to CD/DVD.

And don't forget to select Epson R280 tray in the paper layout dialog. To open it, click Change Layout on the Design Element tab of the Inspector Cmd-1.

Nick
MikeRC

Postby MikeRC » June 4th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Hi There:

I can print with Epson CD print but can´t find a way to print with Disc Cover in my Epson E270.

I get this message:

"The Source selected in the printer driver is not appropriate for the CD/DVD tray that is loaded in the printer"

Please Help!!
Nick

Postby Nick » June 5th, 2009, 3:53 am

Hi MikeRC,

To print on discs, you have to install the Epson EasyPrint software:
http://support.epson.com/easyprint/
It sets up necessary settings automatically. If this doesn't help, follow these steps:

1. Select your printer (CD Tray) in the paper template dialog. To do this, open the Design Element tab of the Inspector (Cmd-1) and click on the Change Layout button. Select "Epson Tray Type 2" from the list.

2. Open the Page Setup dialog (File > Page Setup). Select A4 (CD/DVD) or A4 (manual feed) paper format.

3. Open the Print dialog (File > Print).

4. If necessary, set up the resolution, bleeds, etc. Do not change the tray type here. Click the Next button.

5. In the system print dialog, make sure the correct printer is selected.
Click on the Layout drop-down list and select the Print Settings section. Set "Media Type" to CD/DVD.

6. Click Print.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”