Different labels on one sheet of label paper

jcroentgen

Postby jcroentgen » July 30th, 2006, 11:07 pm

I'm trying to do a series of labels each with the same design but different numbers. When I go to print from a label in the program I only get one choice label 1 or label 2. Wherever I started from. I designed label 1 and saved it and then did a save as and just changed the number on it. Both are filed in the same folder but only one or the other shows in the box you drag from.

Not sure this is clear but would apprediate some help on this.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 31st, 2006, 3:14 am

If you need to print disc labels with different numbers (for example, from one to six):
- Make a design you want to print and add to it a text box that will contain numbers to be changed.
- Add 5 disc design elements (use the "+" toolbar button). Make 5 more copies of your design.
- Change numbers in copies.
- Label paper usually has 2-3 disc labels per page. The program will automatically put the first two-three labels on the paper layout.
After printing the first page, drag the next portion of designs onto paper in the print dialog and print.

In the case you are going to print dozens of labels, make 2-3 copies of your design (equal to how many labels are on your paper). After printing a sheet, change numbers for printing the next one.
jcroentgen

Postby jcroentgen » July 31st, 2006, 9:15 pm

I guess I don't really understand your answer. I have made the design with a text box that contains the number I want to change. Now you say "add 5 design elements (use the + toolbar button". The only +toolbar button I see is for viewing larger and then one that adds another blank disk format.

In the next step you say to make 5 more copies of my design. Do I do a save as to make these copies?

Confused in Virginia???
Nick

Postby Nick » August 1st, 2006, 2:40 am

I mean the button for adding new design elements (labels). It is on the left side of the toolbar. The same operation is performed by the File > Design Element > Add menu command.

Several copies of your design are needed for printing on papers that have several labels per sheet.
For example, paper has 3 labels. You should make as minimum 3 copies (of course if you need so much) to print the full label paper sheet. The labels will be numbered, say, "1", "2" and "3". Then you will change numbers to "4", "5" and "6" and print again.

To duplicate the design, add blank label(s) as described above. Select all objects from the Foreground layer of your design (Cmd+A) and copy them (Cmd+C). Then go to a blank label and paste them (Cmd+V). Do the same with the Background layer.
jcroentgen

Postby jcroentgen » August 3rd, 2006, 11:24 pm

Well Nick, I finally understand what you're telling me and it works, EXCEPT when I paste the background picture/design into the blank cover it's skewed so much it doesn't even look like the same design.

I'm using the design in the DVD section called "earth treasures". Can you try a copy and paste on that background and see if you have problems. The foreground with the lettering paste fine.

Thanks for being patient.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 4th, 2006, 6:05 am

You are right.
After the Copy&Paste operation the design was skewed on my computer too.
We need some time to sort out the problem.

Return to “Disc Cover”