DC3 no longer remembers imported images

LabelerBill

DC3 no longer remembers imported images

Postby LabelerBill » January 18th, 2017, 8:36 pm

I just created a new label, containing a disc label and a DVD case, starting with a template that I defined months ago and have successfully used for many previous labels. This template has 2 images on the disc label and 1 image on the DVD case label. All of these images have the "Replace image at import" option selected.

I imported a Photo Folder from my internal hard drive. The 2 images on the disc label in the template were replaced by the first 2 imported images, and the image on the case label was replaced by the first imported image.

I selected each image and replaced it with a different imported image. Then, I edited each image to adjust their exposure and crop them. I saved the label frequently while I made these changes.

I then quit DC3. When I launched it again, there were NO images in the Source panel, and the images on the disc label had reverted to the first 2 imported images, and the image on the case label had reverted to the first imported image (though these images no longer appear in the Source panel).

Quitting DC3 seems to be losing all of the changes that I've made to images; text changes have been preserved.

How do I resolve this issue?
Nick

Re: DC3 no longer remembers imported images

Postby Nick » January 19th, 2017, 5:21 am

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce your problem exactly because images in my document disappeared even before saving the document.

Please send a copy of your document with incorrect images to support@belightsoft.com
Zip the file before attaching it to your email. Also tell which versions of Disc Cover and macOS are on your computer.

Since your design requires you choose images manually instead of automatic replacement, the following may work for you. Create a new document from your template. Switch off the "Replace image at import" option for all images you wish to replace manually. Then import images using the Photo Folder feature, and finally replace images with imported ones.

I cannot verify this, but you can try to cure your current document in the same way. Deactivate the "Replace..." option. Save, close and reopen the document. Then replace images manually and check if they be there when you close and reopen the document again.

Nick
LabelerBill

Postby LabelerBill » January 22nd, 2017, 11:43 am

Hi, Nick --

I took your suggestion: I modified the template to remove the "Replace..." option on the images on the disc label. Then I created a new label using this template. The images that are in this template appeared on the new disc label.

I imported a folder of images, all of which appeared in the Source panel. I did not actually replace those images, but I quit DC3.

I then restarted DC3, and the Assistant ("Choose Template") displayed instead of the label I had been working on when I quit. On the Assistant, I chose that label from the "Open Recent" dropdown list. The label opened, and once again the imported images were gone. The Source panel was empty.

I will send the template, document, and image folder to support later today.

Thanks for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 24th, 2017, 10:25 am

Hi LabelerBill,

We've received your files, thanks for sending them. My colleague has replied your email. I thought that your documents didn't save imported images, but your comment and screenshots in the email suggest that you complain that the problem is that the Source panel doesn't show imported images if you quit and reopen the program. Which of these if correct?

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”