Epson XP-760 Printing Problem

cibobder

Epson XP-760 Printing Problem

Postby cibobder » July 7th, 2016, 9:16 am

Hi, I have used DC 3 (3.1.3 v700 ) with Canon printer, no probs at all. Recently changed to an Epson XP-760 and have not been able to print to cd/dvd. The printer is fine for all other functions on my iMac ( OS X 10.11.3 ) and also all other devices. I contacted Epson ( very helpful ) and have followed their advice, obviously non-specific to DC 3. I have now uninstalled and installed more drivers than McClaren! All to no avail. I hit Print, Output:- Direct to CD/DVD, Epson tray type 2 (which bears no resemblance to the tray that came with the printer) Next. Media & Quality, Media Type ( this is the problem ), there is no option, grey or otherwise, for CD/DVD. If you continue, it prints to paper. I have wired Ethernet Printer to iMac and Printer to Network, no joy. I have not tried USB connect yet, as i await delivery of a cable. I like and rate highly Disc Cover, so i'm not keen on buying an alternate software. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks.
Nick

Re: Epson XP-760 Printing Problem

Postby Nick » July 8th, 2016, 7:27 am

Hi,

The way the printer is connected to the computer does matter. When you print over Wi-Fi or network, some features, which are supported by the printer, may not be available. Direct to CD/DVD printing is one of them. Please try to connect the printer using a USB cable.

Nick
cibobder

Postby cibobder » July 8th, 2016, 8:12 am

Hi Nick,
Many thanks for that. I'll give it a go once i have the cable and update. Cheers.
cibobder

Postby cibobder » July 9th, 2016, 8:46 am

Hi Nick,
I have tried connecting via a USB cable but still no change. I still get no option under Media Type for CD/DVD.

Bob
cibobder

Postby cibobder » July 11th, 2016, 7:28 am

Update. I have given up trying. Passing on Epson printer to sister and going back to Canon.

Return to “Disc Cover”