Printing directly on disk

Rattler

Postby Rattler » September 3rd, 2008, 11:18 am

I am using an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 with an intel based power mac running OSX 10.4.11 and although the printer has a disk tray, when I get to the print settings dialogue box, the CD/DVD option in the media window is grayed out. Any idea what could be happening?

Is there some way to save labels created with this software as a jpeg file? That would at least allow me to import it into Epson's disk printing software.
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » September 3rd, 2008, 12:24 pm

Hi Rattler,
You may save (well, export is the right expression) to pdf, tiff or jpeg using … File>Export…
Select the right format from the Format menu then adjust Options if desired.
Available options depend on the selected format. For jpeg, they are:
- Bleeds (and bleed size)
- resolution
- Color Model (w/o any embedded color profile yet)
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » September 4th, 2008, 1:34 am

Rattler,

The CD/DVD option is disabled because the printer driver requires setting the proper paper format. Before opening the Disc Cover print dialog, open File > Page Setup and select A4 (CD/DVD) paper format. You should choose Epson Stylus Photo 1400 using Inspector, Design Element tab.

Detailed steps are in built-in help and in this forum.

Nick
mtrutsch

Postby mtrutsch » April 27th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Hello,

I am trying to print to a DVD on my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 on my Mac (OS X 10.6.7) and have not much luck. I keep getting the following message: "The Source selected in the printer driver is not appropriate for the CD/DVD tray that is loaded in the printer. To print on paper, first remove the CD/DVD tray and then close the front tray. Load paper into the selected source, then resume printing." It does not matter what parameters I select, the result is the same - an unpleasant error message.

I choose CD/DVD label or Disc Media: Epson Tray Type 2 (CD Tray) from the inspector and File > Change Layout > Direct on CD/DVD

Guys, this should be easy. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 28th, 2011, 2:42 am

Hi mtrutsch,

To print on CD or DVD, you should select the appropriate printer tray (you did this) and select CD/DVD media in the system print dialog. Citation from Help:
"In the Layout drop-down list, open the Print Settings (or Printer Features) section. Set Media Type to CD/DVD. Disc Cover can set up the Media Type automatically if you install the Epson EasyPrint software."

Nick
mtrutsch

Postby mtrutsch » April 30th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Thank you, Nick. Will try your approach and will let you know what happens.

Greetings from sunny Louisiana!

Marjan :-)

Return to “Disc Cover”