CD label suggestions?

MoofTheStoof

Postby MoofTheStoof » November 16th, 2006, 2:11 pm

I just bought Disc Cover and so far it's great. What would be a good suggestion for CD/DVD labels, though? Are there adhesive labels that many people use? Or is it that more people have printers that are capable of printing directly to the disc surface?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 17th, 2006, 8:59 am

Hi,
Printed CDs are better for your CD/DVD drive. You should use an applicator to stick an adhesive label on the disc. Discs with not accurately stuck label can damage the drive.

If you plan to give your discs out (with samples of your work or promo), decide in favour of the cheaper variant.

Nick
MoofTheStoof

Postby MoofTheStoof » November 17th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Is there a popular brand of labels, though? And if there is, where do you find them? Can they be bought in bulk, or do I have to order package after package of label-making kits?

Up to now, I've done my DVD wrappers and CD sleeves in Illustrator but have always ended up disappointed at putting a felt-tip labeled disc inside my beautiful enclosures. Since Disc Cover gives me nice disc-artwork options along with streamlined packaging options, I think it's time to start figuring out how to apply the art to the disc. Maybe if a few people can share their process for putting art on the discs, themselves? I'm basically researching what method to use.

(I make probably two or three dozen CD's/DVD's a year that go out to clients - not massive quantities, but enough that it's worth buying supplies in bulk, if I can).
MoofTheStoof

Postby MoofTheStoof » November 17th, 2006, 5:22 pm

I may have answered my own question. I found this site:

http://www.neato.com/CD-DVD-Labels/default.aspx

And inside of Disc Cover, I found the print templates for all of NEATO's products so I won't have to do any test prints or fiddlin' to get the printer lined up on the labels.
niclet

Postby niclet » December 3rd, 2006, 8:23 pm

MoofTheStoof, yes Neato's are Ok but after trying a couple of brands I rather suggest you the CD Stomper labels. They will stick on without pealing. Disc Cover also support those labels.

But, to be honest with you, I changed my printer and now I print directly on printable CDs which give really the best result ever without the pealing fear!

Return to “Disc Cover”