adjust position of image in Collage

noiseboy

Postby noiseboy » October 2nd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Is there a way of adjusting the position of an image within a collage element? In the venerable omnigraffle you have a small preview window from which you can control which portion of an image is visible within an image box. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Colin
Nick

Postby Nick » October 3rd, 2006, 2:56 am

Hi,
In Disc Cover you can also use a part of an image for a collage element.

Double click on the image inserted into the collage. This will open the crop tool. Select a part of the image you want to use and click OK.

Nick
noiseboy

Postby noiseboy » October 3rd, 2006, 5:25 pm

Thanks Nick for your reply. I guess that's a no then. perhaps you could consider it as a feature request. The idea of having to keep going back to an edit window just to offset an image is slightly tedius... I still like the app though!

Colin
Nick

Postby Nick » October 4th, 2006, 2:56 am

Hi,
I have found two main differences between cropping in Disc Cover and the corresponding tool in OmniGraffle:

1. OmniGraffle lets move the frame of a stencil outside the image border. In Disc Cover, the crop frame moves within the image edges.
Is this functionality really necessary? What for?

2. OmniGraffle shows the result in the real time.
This could be helpful.

Nick
noiseboy

Postby noiseboy » October 4th, 2006, 3:19 am

Nick wrote:Hi,
I have found two main differences between cropping in Disc Cover and the corresponding tool in OmniGraffle:

1. OmniGraffle lets move the frame of a stencil outside the image border. In Disc Cover, the crop frame moves within the image edges.
Is this functionality really necessary? What for?

2. OmniGraffle shows the result in the real time.
This could be helpful.

Nick

Never mind I've just figured out what I want to do..I was moving the corner handles (scaling the image element) rather than the edge handles which control the amount of image shown.
I agree with you Nick, The real time feedback of the crop would be nice

Cheers

Colin

Return to “Disc Cover”