Calibrate Epson Printer

CarlW

Calibrate Epson Printer

Postby CarlW » September 7th, 2014, 4:48 pm

I'm just trying out DIsc Cover 3 and, so far, it's the only software that actually recognizes that I have Disc Tray for my Epson 610 (very good start). However, the printing on the DVD is way off. I tried to use the calibration as suggested but, frankly, it's not very helpful - when it prints out on regular paper it's fine. The DVD tray is quite different.

So, the question is - has anyone calibrated an Epson XP-610 for use with DiscCover and, if so, what settings were used?

Thanks much
Nick

Re: Calibrate Epson Printer

Postby Nick » September 8th, 2014, 2:49 am

Hi

Try to print the calibration sheet on a disc and set the calibration values accordingly. When you print the calibration rulers on paper, you calibrate the paper tray what doesn't affect printing to the disc tray.

If you already have a disc with the label printed off center, you can use it for calibration. You only need that the background was not very dark to be able to see the black rulers printed over it.

Nick
CarlW

Postby CarlW » September 8th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Unfortunately, that is not going to work (I've tried it twice now). The offset is so far off that the guides don't even show on the disc. I tried testing an offset of -25 horizontal and +25mm vertical and, naturally, it barely budged the image - and still not guidelines.

Thanks,
Carl
Nick

Postby Nick » September 9th, 2014, 2:59 am

Hi Carl,

Probably you didn't select the proper tray type. To print using Epson 610, you need to select the Epson Tray Type 2. To do this, select File > Change Layout in the menu and then select Epson in the Manufacturer drop-down list.

Nick
CarlW

Postby CarlW » September 9th, 2014, 3:47 pm

I just discovered the main problem. I had two versions of Disc Cover (3 and 3 RE). When I tried printing using Version 3 (not the "Roxio Edition") the disc printed exactly correctly - once I selected the correct tray. Clearly, the issue was with the "RE" version.

Thanks for the help.
Carl

Return to “Disc Cover”