Not seeing Print to DVD from the Quality & Media Dialog

Postby petester » December 31st, 2013, 10:45 pm

I don't know if this is a bug but I'm using a Canon iP6700D Printer with Type C Tray. I did everything according to Disc Cover 3 specifications and having trouble locating the 'print to dvd' in the quality & media dialog - its simply not there.

I've put together a screen recording video demonstrating how I cant find the print to dvd menu.

I tried resetting and removing the printer in the printers & scanners dialog in settings and still nothing

Here's what Im using again.
Mavericks OSX 10.9.1
Printer Canon iP6700D (Tray Type C)

Also, I noticed your using an older OSX (Snow leopard) video tutorials? Is there anything recent? Operating systems change but your tutorials are in the past.
Last edited by petester on December 31st, 2013, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nick » January 1st, 2014, 6:39 am

Hi petester,

The CD/DVD option in the system Print dialog is provided by the printer driver. You need to make sure that you have the most recent one.

Some printer drivers don't allow to print on discs if the printer is connected to the computer not directly but over WiFi or network.

Postby STP » January 6th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Same here. i have a brandnew PIXMA 7150 with all the new firmware and drivers from Canon and I cannot cannot cannot cannot address the print to DVD option. Question: who's kidding? Who's software is not up to date?

Postby STP » January 6th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Solved! It works via USB! Pretty ridiculous, but the result wascworth the stress.

Return to “Disc Cover”