Disc Cover 3 RE Crashing Upon Print

zambolini

Postby zambolini » August 21st, 2013, 5:23 pm

Disc Cover 3 RE for Toast crashes every time you press print, then next. I get an error message after from the OS.

The printer is Epson Stylus RX595. Computer is Mac 10.8.4. All updates installed. I have de-installed and re installed the printer several times- including going to the Library/Printers directory. I have reset the printing system. Epson Easy Print is installed. Disc cover 3 RE has been deleted and re installed several times.

Disc Cover 3 RE prints to the other printer on the computer, an HP printer just fine.

Any thoughts?
Nick

Postby Nick » August 22nd, 2013, 3:41 am

Hi zambolini,

Did you choose the correct printer tray for Epson in the Print dialog of Disc Cover when attempted to print?

Try to print any design using Epson software. Does it work?

Can you print some text on Epson from TextEdit or another text editor?

Also try this:
1. In Disc Cover, create a new document and add a line, rectangle, or some text.
2. Choose File > Print.
3. In the Print dialog, select Paper for Output. Then choose Epson in the Printer popup list. Print on regular paper. What happens? Can you see the system Print dialog and print?

4. Begin the printing procedure again. In the Print dialog, select Direct CD/DVD for Output. Then choose the Epson printer.
5. Open the Tray Type popup and select Page Setup. Select Epson in "Format For". In "Paper Size", choose a CD/DVD option. It can be in the main list or inside the A4 section.
6. Continue with printing and see if there is any progress.

Nick
zambolini

Postby zambolini » August 22nd, 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm pretty confident I'm using the correct printer tray. I've used this printer for some time and have printed on many DVDs so I'm reasonably familiar with the process.

I can print an Epson test page on paper.

I can't print either the disc cover information or a word document using the paper function (I typically use another printer for paper so I'm not very familiar with paper in the Epson printer).

I am unable to use the Epson printer in any scenario except to print a test page. I've deleted the printer, cleaned info from the library, emptied the trash and reinstalled.

Unfortunately the result is always the same -- an instant crash.

Thanks very much for replying and for the suggestions.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 23rd, 2013, 3:20 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant to print on a CD/DVD using Epson software like "Epson Print CD". If it works, we have a chance to make Disc Cover print too. If Epson Print CD cannot print, there is something wrong outside Disc Cover.

Please try to print in Disc Cover again to make it crash. Then save the Console and crash logs, and send them to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this discussion.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

The crash log pops up right after the program crashes. Click on the Report button and copy all text from the Crash Reporter window to your email.

Nick
zambolini

Postby zambolini » August 23rd, 2013, 6:37 pm

I switch over to Disc Cover RE3 when I got a new Mac and the Epson program was no longer supported. There is an older version but it crashes as well. I can run a test paper to print on the Epson printer but nothing else. I can't print a paper word document. Also I'm in contact with BeLight. Thanks for your help, I reckon I'll just buy a new printer.

Return to “Disc Cover”