cannot save or close some windows in Disc Cover 3.0.6

bija

Postby bija » July 1st, 2012, 4:59 pm

When I open Disc Cover, I generally open a recent, saved window and then change it to accommodate what I want to print. I do this because I tend to like to reuse some of the formats I have done before. I find with the latest version of Disc Cover, that I am always being told that the window I opened is locked and I can unlock it to change it, or I can make a copy. Sometimes, I unlock it, edit and change, then print without saving because I may not want to save it. But then what happens? I cannot save or close that window. It will not let me quit Disc Cover either. I end up force quitting. I never had these problems with previous versions.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 2nd, 2012, 3:19 am

Hi bija,

It isn't a new "feature" of Disc Cover but Mac OS Lion. You need to deactivate locking documents in the System Preferences. To get to this option, open the Time Machine section and click on the Options button.

Nick
bija

Postby bija » December 17th, 2012, 6:13 pm

I am still having this problem and Time Machine doesn't show that Lock Documents checkbox on my computer. I am using Mountain Lion.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 18th, 2012, 5:27 am

Hi bija,

On Mountain Lion this option is absent.

When the document is open, click on "Locked" in the title bar and select Unlock in the drop-down menu.

There is another Locked option. In Finder, right-click on the file and select Get Info in the context menu.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”