printing with artisan 725

slane18

Postby slane18 » November 23rd, 2011, 6:21 am

I have read the posts with problems with this printer just printing paper and not on dvds. I followed the steps you gave frederic,segard with his artisan 800.
The steps were as follows

1 select your printer (cd tray) in the paper selection dialog.

2 open this, open the design element tab of the inspector (cmd-1) and click change layout.

3 open the print dialog (cmd-p)
do not change paper /tray here, the disc tray is already selected
click next button

4 when the system print dialog is open, make sure the correct printer is selected
now you should tell the printer you are going to print on a disc
open the copies & pages drop-down list (or layout on mac os 10.5 leopard) select print settings and set media type to cd/dvd

I have snow leopard for a OS and have a different printer than an artisan 800 which mine is an artisan 725.

Are these instructions the same for my artisan 725 or should I be selecting different settings on mine?
Nick

Postby Nick » November 23rd, 2011, 8:15 am

Hi slane18,

The steps are the same for different models of Epson printer. Some details may vary because of the difference between printer drivers and operating system.

Additionally, make sure that the Preset option in the Print dialog is set to Standard.

Also it is helpful to install the Epson EasyPrint software. It allows to skip setting the media type manually. You can find it here:
http://support.epson.com/easyprint/

What version of Disc Cover are you using?

Did you receive any error message from Disc Cover or the printer driver?

Nick
slane18

Postby slane18 » November 23rd, 2011, 12:09 pm

I have version 3.0.5 disccover3. I have snow leopard for an OS. I did install the epson easyprint software, the all in one for mac os software. It did not help. In another post of mine I am complaining about calibration. You say that I dont need to guess the calibration numbers. But no matter what calibration I use from 0 to 30 it is all the same result. The top image is down about and inch and 1/2 from the top of the dvd.

I would like to know exactly what method in steps to calibrate my artisan 725 for my OS and version of disccover 3.

also what steps to set my machine at to get it to print in the correct settings for my artisan 725.

please be specific I need it spelled out.

Thank You
Nick

Postby Nick » November 24th, 2011, 6:23 am

Hi,

In Disc Cover 3.0.5 there is no the File > Page Setup command, so one of steps was skipped. Selecting the A4 paper format is necessary for some Epson printers.

Here is a modified version of instruction from Printing with Epson Artisan 800:

1. Open the Design Element tab of the Inspector (Cmd-1) and click Change Layout. Select Epson Paper Tray 2.
2. Open the Print dialog (Cmd-P).
Make sure that Output is set to "Direct to CD/DVD", Tray Type to "Epson Paper Tray 2 (CD Tray)", and your printer name is in the third pop-up menu.
Click the Next button.
3. In the system print dialog, select the Print Settings section and set Media Type to CD/DVD.
Select the Standard preset.
Make sure that in the Paper Handling section the scaling option is off.
4. Click Print.

If this doesn't work, but at 2 before clicking "Next", open the Tray Type pop-up menu and select Page Setup. Choose your printer in Format For, and then A4 in the Paper Size. Click OK.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”