Can Disc Cover support the Epson PM-800U printer?

JapanJerry

Postby JapanJerry » August 28th, 2006, 3:02 am

Hello,

I'm an English teacher living and working in Japan, looking for
software that will print direct-to-disc labels on our school's Epson
PM-800U printer. I've downloaded the demo version of Disc Cover, and
this Epson model is not on the list of supported. I tried getting it to work
with the other models listed, but was unsuccessful.

Can anyone help?

Jerry
Toyama College of Foreign Languages
Toyama City, Japan
Nick

Postby Nick » August 29th, 2006, 8:33 am

Hi Jerry,

I was unable to find your printer on Epson web site. Probably Epson PM-800U is Japanese localization of other model (for example, Epson R800). I mean, there can be a compatible printer in the list you can select in the program. Choose one from the list and try to print. If you manage to print, but the print-out is shifted, you can try another printer or create a custom layout from the used one. Don't forget to set CD/DVD as media type in the print dialog before printing (see details in program's Help).

We are going to release update soon that fixes one printing problem. I recommend you to wait until the update is available.

Nick
JapanJerry

Postby JapanJerry » August 29th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Thanks for your reply, Nick. Actually, I made a mistake with the Epson model number: it the Epson PM-D800. If Be-Light can add this model to the already existing list, that would be great.

But, better news: I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Here's what I did: The problem was that the Epson driver I had installed was not Universal. As of now they haven't released this version, so I opened up Disc Cover in Rosetta, and all was well. It may have printed a bit more slowly on my MacBook, but who cares? It worked fine.

To open up Disc Cover in Rosetta, I opened a new Finder window, highlighted Disc Cover in my Applications folder, then clicked on "Get Info." I then checked the box, "Open in Rosetta." When I opened up Disc Cover and went to print out a DVD direct to disc, I was able to access the "Print Settings" drop down menu and choose the direct-to-disc printing option. It all worked well, and everything was lined up nicely (except for the inner hole, which I needed to widen a bit).

I hope anyone else out there having this problem will also take heed of this solution.

Jerry
Nick

Postby Nick » August 30th, 2006, 3:55 am

Thank you for the solution!

Could you tell me what printer you selected in Disc Cover when printed on CD? It's tray must be compatible with Epson PM-D800.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”