CYMK (CMYK) file import possible?

kwaves

Postby kwaves » October 29th, 2011, 1:04 am

Hello,

i tried the trial version of "Disc Cover" and could not properly import CYMK JPEGs. The picture was displayed black/dark grey (not correct) :- (
Isn't it possible to import CYMK files into the cover designer and display it properly?

This feature is vital for me, otherwise the program is worthless for me.

When i import RGB-JPEGs with e.g. greys, the printer (or the program?) converts them and they have a blue tint (color cast) which i really don't like. The conversion of RGB to CMYK in the printer is not good though. On my PC, the same picture (from Corel Draw 12) in CYMK and printed with a label print program (not from CANON) which imports CYMK is really grey and all colors are without a unwanted tint. I think on the PC program greys are printed with the small black cartridge while on the Mac with "Disc Cover" the greys are generated from RGB colors and converted into CYMK.

I want to switch all my computers to Mac, so the only problem is the label printer program.

By the way, the original CANON "Label Print" imports RGB only, too. :-( On PC and on Mac. I think they don't want their cheap printers to be used professional.

Regards
Last edited by kwaves on October 29th, 2011, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 29th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Hi kwaves,

I imported several CMYK JPEGs in Disc Cover and they look correctly. Could you send one of yours to support@belightsoft.com ?

Other supported graphic formats work with CMYK colors better. For a workaround, you can use TIFF or PDF with Disc Cover.

Nick
kwaves

Postby kwaves » October 29th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Nick wrote:Hi kwaves,

I imported several CMYK JPEGs in Disc Cover and they look correctly. Could you send one of yours to support@belightsoft.com ?

Other supported graphic formats work with CMYK colors better. For a workaround, you can use TIFF or PDF with Disc Cover.

Nick

Sure, i sent you an E-Mail a few minutes ago. Hope i could help to improve the CYMK import! I export CMYK always out of Corel Draw 12. Sometimes i get files from customers which use other programs.
Last edited by kwaves on October 29th, 2011, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ajax

Postby Ajax » October 31st, 2011, 5:11 am

I sent you email recently but would add here too (for other users) — OS X before 10.7 does not properly support JPEG CMYK and since Disc Cover as many other apps handle images though OS X mechanisms, it also displays such JPEGs incorrectly. However images are printed correctly.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
Nick

Postby Nick » October 31st, 2011, 5:12 am

Thank you for sending us your images. The problem with CMYK seems to be related with the operating system. Pages and Preview also display it almost black. This happens on Mac OS 10.6. On 10.7 Lion the problem is fixed.

On 10.6, you should use another file format, or RGB color palette, or verify the export settings of Corel Draw (maybe some image properties confuse Mac OS applications).

Nick
kwaves

Postby kwaves » October 31st, 2011, 6:39 am

OK, thank you. I will try.

Return to “Disc Cover”