Need help with printing clamshell dvd case

danalicious

Postby danalicious » August 11th, 2011, 11:37 am

Hi all,
I cannot seem to get Disc Cover to print a DVD cover that fits properly. The cover is printing too short horizontally. I have no idea how to fix this.
I am using:

Disc Cover 2.3.1
An Epson Artisan 50
and I am printing on 8.5x11 paper.

Can anyone guide me on how to set up the cover so it prints correctly?

Thanks,
D
Nick

Postby Nick » August 12th, 2011, 3:46 am

Hi danalicious,

Your DVD covers doesn't fit the Letter paper format. Paper stocks for DVD covers have as a rule the A4 format. Typical DVD cover size is 7.2x10.7 in. That is 8 mm shorter than Letter. It's not enough for the regular printing mode which gives unprintable area along the page sides.

For a solution, print on A4 paper format.

Alternatively, you can try to print on Letter with the borderless printing mode activated. To do this:
1. Select File > Page Setup (Cmd-Shift-P). Choose your printer in Format For. Set Paper Size to Letter (borderless). Close the dialog.
2. Open the print dialog. Making settings here don't change Output and Paper Type because this can drop the borderless printing mode.
3. Proceed to the system print dialog and print.

The borderless printing way can be tricky, and there is no guarantee that it will work.

Note that you are using an outdated version of Disc Cover. The latest update for Disc Cover 2 is 2.3.4. Your license code will work with it. At the moment we have Disc Cover 3.0.4. Update is free only if you have purchased the application one year ago or later:
http://www.belightsoft.com/disccover/update/update.php

Nick
danalicious

Postby danalicious » August 12th, 2011, 5:58 am

Thank you Nick. I will give it a try. I bought the app about 2 years ago, so the free update does not apply to me. I will likely purchase the update anyways - it's been on my to-do list for a while.

Return to “Disc Cover”