Problems exporting multipage CD booklet for printing

LolaBPrints

Problems exporting multipage CD booklet for printing

Postby LolaBPrints » January 24th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Hi all!
New user here and after a few days, I finally created my wonderful CD booklet but when I go to print, all hell breaks loose!
I have viewed all the instructional videos and read the manuals but it is no help.

I have 14 pages in total. When I go to the print preview, the first page (cover page) does NOT line up with page 14, as shown in the tutorial. The cover page is aligned with a blank page. Also another random page is also aligned with a blank page. This throws off the order to my booklet and makes it impossible for printing! :(
When I go to export the document in PDF format to get it professionally printed, there are 14 pages in total - each page is printed separately. How is this a booklet? Very frustrating! The pressure is on because I need to take this to the print shop TODAY!

Any suggestions??

Thank you!
Nick

Re: Problems exporting multipage CD booklet for printing

Postby Nick » January 25th, 2017, 5:05 am

Hi LolaBPrints,

The page 14 cannot line up with page 1. Each page spread (both sides) includes 4 pages of your original document. The last page number must be a multiple of 4, for example: 4, 8, 12, 16. If you have any number of pages in between, the program will add several more empty pages. So your pages go together in this way:
1-16 (front) and 2-15 (back)
3-14 (front) and 4-13 (back)
5-12 (front) and 6-11 (back)
7-10 (front) and 8-9 (back)

Export in Disc Cover cannot create page spreads. If you need a PDF, you can click the PDF button in the system Print dialog and select "Save as PDF" in the pop-up menu.

Nick
LolaBPrints

Re: Problems exporting multipage CD booklet for printing

Postby LolaBPrints » January 25th, 2017, 12:21 pm

THANK YOU NICK!!! I had no idea the booklet needs to have pages in multiples of 4! Now I can adjust accordingly. This answer is better than the one your support tech gave me.

Yes, I also found that saving the pdf from the print dialog is better than exporting each element. Thank you for your advice. Hoping this works and no more surprises! :-D

Return to “Disc Cover”