View older version changes
What's new in Art Text v3.1
- Introduces Depth Gradient effect for 3D objects.
- Tree new 3D chamfer types.
- New 3D Shear Transformation.
- Create isometric-style graphics with Camera Parallel Projection tool.
- Adds Inner Shadow.
- 20 Logo samples.
- Expands the ability to apply masks to 3D objects.
- Introduces custom image folder to create and fine-tune 3D Textures.
- Ability to save user style elements as a template in Custom Templates.
- LinkBack support.
- Pan tool.
- macOS Sierra support.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Art Text v3.0.3
- Fixed the problem with opening documents with custom images.
- Added the ability to select single files when importing custom shapes and textures.
- Solved the issue with textures quality loss.
- Improved overall program stability.
View Art Text 2.x version changes
What's new in Art Text v3.0.1
- Improved 2D Glow, the effects now works faster and its settings became familiar to PhotoShop users.
- Added Custom Folder option for Masks and 3D textures.
- Export to PDF and EPS formats preserves vector information, unless raster effect was applied.
- Introduced the ability to convert imported vector graphics to 3D.
- Resolved the problem with small document size opening by default on computers with large monitors.
- Improved save and app stability for documents with custom images.
- Fixed the issue with opening version 2 documents with custom images.
- Resolved the problem of the app not launching on computers with case-sensitive filesystems.
- Other minor bug fixes.
What's new in Art Text v.3.0
- 20+ samples that demonstrate Art Text capabilities.
- 70+ pre-designed templates aimed at the quick creation of word art, logos and buttons.
- Introduced 3D rendering engine to create beautiful 3D text and logo.
- With just one click convert 2D text or shape to 3D.
- Added layer content preview into the Layers tree, important for hidden objects.
2D Editing Tools
- 750+ hand drawn shapes, paint stains, watercolor blobs, spots.
- 30+ masks give textures aged, scratched and many other effects.
- 540+ textures with seamless tile.
- 30+ special objects that simulate flash, flare, sparkle and light trace.
- 100 gradient presets.
- Oval gradient tool.
Hide older version changes
- 140+ 3D materials.
- Introduced Colorize feature makes it possible to change 3D material color while preserving texture pattern.
- 3D materials support rough surfaces, choose from 140+ supplied bump maps.
- Glow controls will let you adjust luminosity of 3D materials.
- Advanced 3D material properties include ambient, diffuse and specular colors, and glossiness.
- 23 adjustable transformation shapes specific for 3D objects.
- Focal length allows to partially blur 3D text with perspective view.
- 80+ environment textures.
- Lighting tool helps to create the light model — group of light sources with various parameters.
- 3D objects have ability to cast soft-edged shadows.
View Art Text 1.x version changes
What's new in Art Text v2.5
- Ready for OS X 10.11 El Captain.
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.9
- Improved OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility.
- Fixed minor issues in Full Screen mode.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.8
- Enhanced for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Introduced Share option to post graphics to Facebook, Twitter, attach to email and more.
- Fixed the problem with incorrect windows positioning on program start.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.7
- Grid was added to shape editor.
- Fixed the problem with glow effect on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Improved object fill with shading materials.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.6
- Resolved the problem with files not opening through the Open Recent Files menu.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.5
- Added OS X 10.9 compatibility.
- Added 25 new icon templates.
- Improved editing for complex shapes.
- Fixed the problem with scrolling in the Assistant.
- Improved overall performance and fixed some minor issues.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.4
- Now enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Improved the Material Editor dialog.
- Changing text size in the Layer Content panel has beed fixed.
- Solved the problem that caused occasional crashing when saving documents.
- Fixed the problem with choosing measurement units in the Set Size dialog.
- Fixed the crash when performing Undo after using a spline transformation.
- Setting position and size for multiple layers has been improved.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.3
- Improved assistant dialog UI.
- Fixed the problem with program crash when opening corrupt document.
- Fixed texture tiling for Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8).
What's new in Art Text v2.4.2
- Improved program performance and stability.
- Enhanced for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- 64-bit mode is now fully supported.
- Enhanced for the new MackBook Pro with Retina display.
- Implemented Sandboxing support.
- Improved scrolling in Template Gallery.
- Fixed the program crash while deleting custom icons.
- Fixed Subtract and Intersect merge layer options.
- Various other bug fixes.
What's new in Art Text v2.4.1
- Solved the problem that sometimes caused the program to crash during Save, Export and Print on Mac OS 10.7.
- Layer lock state now saved for the document.
- Versions feature now works for large program window and small screen resolution on Mac OS 10.7.
- Fixed the problem with image disappearing after auto-save on Mac OS 10.7.
- Pixels vs Inches issue fixed in German localization.
What's new in Art Text v2.4
- OS X 10.7 Lion and its features, such as full-screen mode and versions, are now supported.
- 60+ new templates and shading materials.
- Introduced the ability to split or edit shapes consisting of combined layers.
- Added two new transformation types.
- Improved shading materials.
- Improved user experience in Edit as Shape dialog.
- Several assistant issues fixed.
- Solved the issue with Revert button in Custom shape editor dialog.
- Several issues of Layers Panel dialog has been resolved.
- Fixed the problem with tiled texture fill when an object is rotated.
What's new in Art Text v2.3.2
- Solved the problem that converted custom shapes into rectangles after applying Union/Join.
- Fixed the problem with localized Help files not being able to launch on Mac OX 10.5.
- Fixed the bug that prevented PDF files being opened in Layer Content on Mac OS 10.6.
- Improved Japanese localization.
- Various interface changes.
What's new in Art Text v2.3.1
- Art Text documents can now be previewed thanks to Quick Look support.
- Added rulers and smart guides in vector shape editor.
- Added the ability to lock layers, which helps to work with multiple layers.
- Minor bug fixes.
What's new in Art Text v2.3
- Introduced a built-in vector shape editor that lets you modify icons, shapes, and text objects, as well as create them from scratch.
- Improved program stability thanks to renewed GPC library that handles polygons.
- The program can now automatically check for available updates and download if necessary.
- Solved the problem that caused the program to crash when working with combined shapes (those created using Union, Join, Subtract or Intersect).
- Fixed the problem with some Assistant templates not being able to open.
- Vector graphics in PDF format that are dragged and dropped to the program canvas are now saved in the Custom library.
- Zoom settings are now remembered, so the newly opened document has the same zoom value as set for the previous document.
What's new in Art Text v2.2.2
- Added “Split into Letters” functionality that sends all of the letters of a word to different layers.
- Added “Extract a Letter(s)” functionality that allows you to select any portion of a word and extract it to a new layer.
- Solved the problem with GMA video cards that affected MacBooks and Mac Minis manufactured before 2009.
- Fixed specific Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) performance issues.
- Other minor bug fixes.
What's new in Art Text v2.2.1
- Added support for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6).
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Art Text v2.2
- The collection of templates was reviewed and over 100 new ones added.
- Merge layers functionality has improved, and two additional layer merge options were added (Subtract and Intersect).
- 19 new layer blend modes were added.
- The performance of Layer Content panel improved.
- Minor bugs related to export into GIF and JPEG fixed.
- The problem with resizing and rotating several layers was solved.
- Issues with Undo were solved.
- Japanese localization added.
- Various other technical improvements.
What's new in Art Text v2.1
- The ability to select several layers and edit them simultaneously was added.
- Multi-Touch trackpad gestures supported.
- Diverse interface improvements..
- Option to add a layer by Drag&drop files, images or text into the canvas or layers panel becomes available.
- Object resize option becomes available for Spline transformations in Geometry tab.
- Text layers can be altered using shortcuts (Cmd+B, Cmd+I, etc.) or via fonts dialog.
- Various program improvements and fixes.
What's new in Art Text v2.0.3
- Object handles were reviewed, which improves object resize and rotation capabilities.
- Set Size dialog got an ability to automatically set document size that bounds all objects.
- Source panel improvements.
- Spanish localization added.
- Launching localized Help files fixed.
- Standard window title features added (double-click on the title to minimizes window, Ctrl-click on the title shows file route, etc).
- International number formats supported in localized versions.
- Layer panel bug fixes.
- Problem with applying spline transformation for rotated objects solved.
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Art Text v2.0.2
- Option to drag&drop color from Color Palettes to Stroke color table and visa verse.
- Some issues with LinkBack usage solved.
- Export to TIFF fixed for the graphic with transparent layers.
- Layers panel improved.
- Problem with launching Help file for the wrong version solved.
- Program stability improved for PPC.
- Other minor program improvements.
What's new in Art Text v2.0.1
- Origin settings added to the Layers Panel.
- It is now possible to select files, including Adobe Illustrator files from Layer Content dialog.
- Layers Panel can now work with different measurement units in addition to pixels.
- Window menu now shows all the documents you work with.
- Problem with no templates showing in the Gallery for Case-Sensitiv OS solved.
- French localization added.
- Other minor bug fixes.
What's new in Art Text v.2
- Redesigned program interface.
- Layers support added, each layer has its own properties.
- Merge layers using one of the 11 blend modes.
- Ability to print the created artwork.
- Multi document support.
- Template Gallery with 200+ editable button, heading, icon and logo templates becomes available.
- 120 new vector icons added.
- Library of Shading materials grew to 245 surface materials in total.
- Texture library with over 190 supplied textures added.
Hide Art Text 2.x version changes
- Two gradient fill options become available, Linear and Radial.
- Adjustable gradient intensity.
- Option to add mid-color for the gradient added.
- Control Stroke properties for every single outline.
- Concave surface option added for Shading materials.
What's new in Art Text v.1.2.5
- Problem with black background that showed up when pasting Art Text images from Clipboard into Microsoft Word fixed.
- Added ability to use Software Renderer allows to avoid problems with some video cards, for example GMA 950.
- Customers of Disc Cover version 2 can use Art Text in LE mode for free. Art Text LE mode will be activated automatically, once Disc Cover v.2 is installed and registered.
What's new in Art Text v.1.2.4
- Shading Pro tool performance under Mac OS X Leopard for Intel GMA 950 cards fixed.
- Problem with shifted Glow at export to PDF solved.
- Problem with Copy to Clipboard operation fixed.
- Bugs related to Custom Material dialog fixed.
- Online registration option was added (Optional, helps to recover your code if lost and keeps you informed about future updates).
- Various other program improvements.
What's new in Art Text v.1.2.2
- 30 ready-made styles were added.
- 22 new materials become available.
- Added spotlight controls bring convenience in creation of custom materials.
- Program stability improved.
- Kerning and line spacing problems in text editing panel fixed.
- Improper export of an image with a background fixed.
- Work with material editing dialog improved.
What's new in Art Text v.1.2.1
- Export to EPS was added.
- Other technical program improvements.
What's new in Art Text v.1.2
- 36 pre-designed styles including Web 2.0 category added.
- Option to set export area size in pixels.
- Horizon-Spline and Curved Text transformation types were added.
- Spline-Curve transformation got the ability to transform text with multiple number of spline-parts.
- 19 new shading materials become available.
- Option to create Custom Material using an image was added.
- 70 pictograms were added.
- Export Improvements:
- export to PDF got faster;
- image displacement with respect to background fixed;
- correct positioning of export frame with shadow applied;
- transparency control became available when exporting to GIF.
- LinkBack technology supported, which allows to import the result into other LinkBack supporting applications for editing it.
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Art Text v.1.0.6
- German localization added.
- Vector Shapes Panel improved.
- Custom materials editor improved.
- Bugs, appearing when using Spline-Curve transformation, fixed.
- Trapezium transformation tool improved.
- Drawing speed increased.
What's new in Art Text v.1.0.4
- Problem with applying shading materials to pictograms and custom images was solved.
- Application menu and fonts panel are renewed.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
What's new in Art Text v.1.0.3
- Problem with text editor lock after deleting text string was solved.
- Exporting picture with Glow effect fixed, no picture cut off.
- Problem with poor quality of imported custom images is solved.
- Select All (Cmd+A) option was added for text in Edit menu.
What's new in Art Text v.1.0.2
- “Use text from style” check was added to styles drawer, which allows you to switch off style's default text.
- Export to GIF added.
- Application and Help menus were renewed.
Hide Art Text 1.x version changes
- Problem with crashes on startup are solved.
- Shadow drawing problems are corrected.
- Resize window bug fixed.
- Help menu bug fixed.
- The bug causing the appearance of gaps during fonts outlining solved.